This article describes how to install the FACSIMILE for Windows Software
Start the Installer
If you are installing from a CD the installer should run automatically.
If the installer doesn't start. Navigate to the CD in Windows Explorer and double-click setup.exe.
If you downloaded the installer. Navigate to your downloads folder and double-click InstallFac4V.exe
Follow the on-screen instructions when the installer starts
1. Click Next on the initial screen
On the next screen (2) check "I accept the terms of the license agreement" then (3) click Next.
4. On the next screen click [Next] to confirm the installation folder. (If you wish to install to a different folder you can click change and choose a new folder)
5. You will now see the confirmation screen which should list the options you chose in steps 1-4. Click [Install] to start the installation
At this point you may see a User Account Control dialog saying:-
Do you want to allow the following program from an
unknown publisher to make changes to this computer?
Program name: .....\FACSIMILE for Windows 4.msi
File origin: Hard drive on this computer
You should answer YES to this dialog to continue the installation.
Installation proceeds showing this dialog.
The Wizard completed dialog is displayed. Click [Finish] to dismiss.
Locate your license file.
You will have received a license file. This will be in the license folder on the CD or sent in an email if you downloaded the installer.
The license file is called Facsimile42.lf
Copy the license file
1. In Windows Explorer, click Facsimile42.lf to select it.
2. Click Organize in the menu bar.
3. Click Copy to copy the file.
Type CNTRL-C to copy the file instead of 2 and 3
Paste the file into your FACSIMILE folder
4. In Windows Explorer, navigate to your FACSIMILE folder (C:\Facsimile4 by default.
5. Click Organize in the menu bar.
6. Click Paste to save the file in the folder
Type Ctrl-V to paste the file instead of 5 and 6